Research & Development
South Derby Growth Zone including Sinfin Moor
South Derby Growth Zone is a large-scale strategic initiative to unlock land for major mixed developments along the A50 corridor, which connects the M1 and M6 motorways through South Derbyshire and to the south of Derby.
With £49.6m from the UK Government’s Levelling Up Fund – the largest single allocation in the UK – a new junction on the A50 arterial route will open up new residential and commercial land.
Within the Growth Zone, Sinfin Moor offers 30 hectares of prime employment land and will create a significant extension to the commercial and technology park Infinity Park Derby, adjacent to Rolls-Royce’s global civil aerospace campus.
A number of global Original Equipment Manufacturers including Rolls-Royce, Alstom, JCB and Toyota UK are in close proximity to the site and, along with their supply chains, draw on the area’s strengths in traditional and innovative manufacturing, R&D and engineering.
Additionally, one of 14 new garden villages in England is planned. Infinity Garden Village is a proposed mixed development straddling South Derbyshire and Derby.
- One of the fastest growing populations in the UK outside the South East.
- One of 14 new garden villages to be built across the UK.
- Allocated £49.6m from HMG’s Levelling Up Fund – single largest allocation made.
- New junction to be built on the A50
- Home to global innovation brands
Why invest in Derby & Derbyshire?
Located at the very heart of the UK and as the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, Derbyshire has a strong and diverse economy with global names including Toyota Manufacturing UK, Rolls-Royce, Nestlé, Tarmac, Amazon and Denby Pottery all based here and continuing to invest in their operations and SME supply chains.
Derbyshire’s central location ensures excellent connectivity across the UK’s motorway and rail network, with five international and cargo airports all within easy reach. The East Midlands Freeport will further add to the county’s reputation as a key manufacturing, logistics and distribution hub.
Businesses in Derbyshire have unrivalled access to a pool of high-quality workers, with over 9 million people living within 20 minutes of the county, drawing on the major cities of Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham and Derby.
Additionally, Derbyshire businesses can offer their workforce an outstanding quality of life. Home to the Peak District (the UK’s first National Park), bustling market towns, world-famous stately homes and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Derbyshire is an attractive place in which to live, work and play. Derbyshire offers a range of investment opportunities from major industrial sites to urban regeneration schemes which will help drive its future economic growth.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: End User Occupiers; residential
- Target Investor(s): Opportunities for residential, retail & leisure and health developers, with end user occupiers sought for retail elements, and commercial/technical units at Sinfin Moor.
- Value and cost info: £1bn Potential Development Value
- Site Size: 500+ acres
- Jobs: 5,000
- Timescale: 2025-30
- Delivery Timescale: 1 – 10 years
- Planning Status: Pre-application awaiting new infrastructure