Cyber & Data science
Responding to the rapid pace of change across defence and cyber security, as well as in digital creativity and entertainment, a growing cluster of companies in the Midlands are driving the kind of innovation that underpins the efficiency and prosperity of every sector.
- Midlands Cyber is a part of the ‘Cyber Valley’, a Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Malvern networking community. The valley is home to the highest concentration of cyber businesses in the UK outside of London- a statistic that is only set to grow with the continued innovation bought by one of the UK’s first 5G testbeds
- The Midlands is becoming a centre of excellence in digital innovation, home to the UK’s first multi-city 5G testbed, a landmark step towards the creation of smart factories in Britain.
- Researchers from Coventry University’s Institute for Future Transport and Cities’ (IFTC) Systems Security Group (SSG) awarded over £100,000 to investigate the economic drivers in the adoption of computer hardware security amongst businesses and consumers.
- Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership leads on the Midlands Engine partnership with the Maryland Department of Commerce, facilitating trade missions, investment and the development of cyber security companies in Maryland and Worcestershire.
- There are Creative Quarters in 6 cities across the Midlands, homes to a myriad of creative and digital industries.
- The Department for International Trade’s High Potential Opportunity ‘Video games in Coventry and Warwickshire’ promotes the opportunity presented through more than 80 active video games companies located in and around Coventry and Warwickshire.