The Island Quarter
The Island Quarter is an exciting mixed-use development and unique, not just for Nottingham but for the Midlands and the UK. The huge site will be totally transformed to bring new homes, grade A office space, creative spaces, a lifestyle hotel, PRS apartments and co-working space, retail units, a ‘linear’ park and vibrant community and event space as well as student accommodation to the city. The development is a vital part of the regeneration of Nottingham’s Southside and the developers are working closely with Nottingham City Council to align with its vision for the city.
- £1bn GDV
- 909 residential units
- 223 room IHG hotel
- More than 20 restaurants and bars
- Live music, events and entertainment space
- Centred around a “green heart” and linked by a linear park
- Nearly 60,000 sq ft of office space
- Accommodation for more than 700 students
Why invest in Nottinghamshire?
Nottingham is a city with a rich past and a bright future. A city of leaders and legacy, known for its resilience, its compassion and its community spirit – just like its hero, Robin Hood. A city where you’ll find the legend of its outlaw hero and a thousand years of history at Nottingham Castle a stone’s throw from state-of-the-art developments emerging in Southside, Waterside and the Island Quarter. A place that’s on a mission to become the UK’s first carbon-neutral city by 2028, with unprecedented levels of investment in an award-winning, clean and green public transport system, electric vehicles and sustainable energy sources. A vibrant clash of creativity and culture, history and heritage, and world-class sports. A city where you’ll find independent shops, world cuisine and a thriving nightlife buzzing within the curious alleyways, boutique arcades and beautiful architecture. And two world-class universities nurturing innovation and independent minds, while a growing business scene secures their future. A place that’s always moving forward while celebrating its past. The biggest small city in the UK, nestled in the heart of the Midlands.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Equity – £250m
- Target Investor(s): Sovereign Wealth Funds and other long term investors
- Value and cost info: £1 billion
- Site Size: 36 acres
- Jobs: 5,000
- Timescale: 2022 to 2025
- Delivery Timescale: Ten years
- Planning Status: Outline planning granted for full site. Full planning for Phase 1A Canal Turn (restaurant and leisure space) and Phase 2 student accommodation. Planning for 1B hotel and BTR and leisure space pending.