Research & Development
Ashton Green is a major 130 ha (321-acre) sustainable urban extension for Leicester. A housing-led mixed-use development of up to 3,000 homes and 10 ha (24.7 acres) of employment land is well underway with an emphasis on high quality, public transport improvements and extensive green infrastructure.
With a masterplan and outline planning consent in place, and multiple new homes occupied, Leicester City Council is leading the delivery of the enabling infrastructure and the phased release of further residential development parcels..
- A major 130 ha (321-acre) sustainable urban extension for Leicester
- A housing-led mixed-use development of up to 3,000 homes and 10 ha (24.7 acres) of employment land
- A superb location with good access to the city centre and within easy reach of some of Leicestershire’s finest countryside and villages.
Why invest in Leicestershire?
Welcome to Leicester & Leicestershire – the largest economy in the East Midlands.
We benefit from outstanding assets including a vibrant, university city with a strong industrial and cultural heritage; two unique and inspiring Enterprise Zones; a UK Freeport at East Midlands Airport; three world class universities delivering cutting edge innovation, research, and design; a central location with strategic rail and motorway links, one of Europe’s largest distribution parks and the UK’s largest pure cargo airport; and two Manufacturing Zones. We’re home to Caterpillar, Next, Santander, Walkers Snack Foods (PepsiCo), IBM Client Innovation Centre UK and Amazon.
Key strategic developments include Leicester Waterside and Station Regeneration, Space Park Leicester, offering high-tech facilities and capabilities building on the University of Leicester’s space excellence; Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, a dynamic innovation community with serviced development land opportunities; and Lutterworth East a trailblazing, sustainable housing and employment development.
Leicester is considered one of the best cities to do business in. Unrivalled transport links, a skilled and talented workforce of over 2.8 million within a 1-hour drive-time and one of Britain’s most attractive and cost-effective places to develop, own or lease property – presenting huge investment opportunities.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Occupier
- Target Investor(s): Industrial and warehouse occupiers aligned to relevant key sectors – food & drink manufacturing; advanced manufacturing/engineering; life sciences; advance logistics; space; energy
- Value and cost info: £480m + GDV
- Site Size: 5Ha, total 130Ha
- Timescale: 2018-2025
- Delivery Timescale: 1 – 5 years
- Planning Status: Outline planning for the first residential development parcels